3.3 Window Buck in a Masonry Wall
- Rough Opening.
- Apply Joint & Seam Filler to the opening where the buck will be installed.
- Screw window buck into masonry opening.
- Use Joint & Seam Filler to seal around the installed window buck.
- Also apply to corners and seams where the pieces of the buck come together.
- FastFlash the buck from the inside edge of the sill to the building face.
- Extend FastFlash out from opening as wide as the trim to be installed.
- Install Window in FastFlashed RO.
- Insert properly sized backer rod, taking care not to puncture or damage it.
- AirDam over the backer rod and tool the joint.
Hammer & Hand’s Best Practices Manual is covered by a Creative Commons license that allows for redistribution, commercial and non-commercial, as long as content is passed along unchanged and in whole, with credit to Hammer & Hand. If any piece is shared online, it is required to credit Hammer & Hand and include a link to the relevant source page at https://hammerandhand.com/best-practices/manual/.