Registration is free and open to architecture students and interns in the US and Canada.
We’re just five-and-a-half weeks out from the submission deadline for the perFORM 2014 House Design Competition and anticipation is building…submissions are due Monday, March 24, 2014.
The competition challenges architecture students and interns to design a single-family house that fuses aggressive energy efficiency with beautiful design. A jury of leading Northwest architects, builders and educators will evaluate and select winners.
Entries will be judged based on two criteria: energy performance and design quality. Participants will submit an energy performance analysis of their entry using the perFORM Verification Tool, showing each design’s predicted energy use intensity, or EUI. Design quality will be judged based on “resourcefulness, replicability, and beauty.”
The perFORM jury includes:
• Daniel Friedman, College of Built Environments, UW
• Jim Graham, Graham Baba Architects
• Sam Hagerman, Hammer & Hand
• Gladys Ly-Au Young, Sundberg Kennedy Ly-Au Young Architects
• Robert Peña, Integrated Design Lab, UW
• Jeffrey Stuhr, Holst Architecture
• Daniel Thomas, Hammer & Hand
Winners will be unveiled on Earth Day, April 22, 2014 at Hammer & Hand’s Seattle office in the Bullitt Center: 1501 E Madison Street, #250, Seattle, WA 98122. Winning entries will be exhibited in Portland, Seattle, and online. Cash awards range from $500 to $2000.
Know someone who’d be interested in participating? Please spread the word!
– Zack (Connect with me at +ZacharySemke)Back to Field Notes